Detailed tutorial on how to write literary analysis in your research paper
If you are in college, you are going to have to write a research paper. There is no getting away from this fact. Every paper that you turn in throughout the year is going to count towards your final grade; therefore, it’s essential that you do the work to the best of your ability. For every paper that you write there is going to be a very specific structure that you are going to have to follow and it’s essential that you follow it to ensure that you get the grade that you deserve. Here are some literary research paper writing prompts to assist you in writing your literary analysis.
- Get Organized: Before you start writing a paper, it is essential that you are organized. Chaos breeds failure. Therefore, wherever you choose to study, make sure that the area is clean and orderly. Have your research books, stationary and anything else that you are going to need for your project handy. A research paper is quite substantial; its length will be dependent upon the guidelines that have been set out by your tutor. Making yourself a timetable to ensure that you keep on track will help you to get your work done on time.
- Collect your resources: Your literary analysis is going to be based on the research material that you collect. Therefore, the first thing that you are going to have to do is to collect your resources. Your first task should be to ask your tutor how many primary and secondary resources are required. You can then go ahead and start collecting the required material. There are plenty of places that you can collect your research including the library, the internet and academic journals.
- Samples: Before you start writing your paper, it would be a good idea to get some literary analysis research paper examples. This will provide you with a clear indication of what is required in your research analysis.
- Read: Now that you have your resources, it’s important that you read them. You are not going to use every resource, you will only use the information that is most relevant to your research paper and that means you are going to have to find that information and you can only do so by reading. When you find what you need to include in your paper, make sure that you mark each page, or that you record all of the information that you plan on using. There is nothing worse than having to start your research again.
- Writing: When you are writing your literary analysis, the main aim is to demonstrate that you have tied you research question into the research material. You have to back up everything you say with theoretical.concepts.